Your One-Day Reset Recipes
Make these meals to reset your gut and metabolism.
Start your day by fasting until 1 pm, curbing cravings with Cellular Hydration. Break your fast with this Red Lentil Dahl, an incredibly comforting dish full of plant-based protein, fibre and healing spices.
Red Lentil Dhal
-250g or 1½ cups split red lentils, soaked overnight
-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1 medium white onion, finely sliced
-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
-½ tsp black/white pepper
-1 tsp ground turmeric or ½ tsp of fresh grated turmeric
-1 tsp fresh/ground ginger
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1 tsp ground cumin
-2 tsp garam masala/curry powder
-2 tbsp tomato purée
-50g/small handful grated carrot
-50g/small handful grated sweet potato
-400g or 2 cups chopped tomato, fresh or tinned
-200ml coconut milk
-sea salt + pepper, to season
1. It is important to leave the lentils to soak in water overnight, to break down any indigestible starches. Cover the lentils in a bowl with cold water, then add 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar for each 250g of lentils. Drain and rinse when you are ready to use.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in the coconut oil for a few minutes, season with a little salt - this can also help with the onions catching in the pan. Then add all of the spices and cook these off to remove any raw taste, developing the flavours.
3. After a few more minutes stir in the tomato purée, followed by the grated carrot and sweet potato. Leave to soften, stirring from time to time.
4. Now you can add in your drained lentils with the chopped tomato followed by half of your coconut milk and 200ml water. Leave this to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked through.
5. To serve stir in the remaining half of coconut milk for a creamy finish, adding any optional toppings you wish.
For your second meal, eat this delicious Broccoli and Leek Soup and try to eat before 7pm to aid digestion.
Broccoli and Leek Soup
-1 small leek, washed and upper green parts of stalk removed
-400g tender stem broccoli or broccoli florets roughly chopped – avoid buying pre-cut packages of florets
-2 cloves garlic
-2 stalks celery
-1L organic, gluten-free vegetable stock
-1/3 cup frozen peas, optional
-½ bunch each fresh mint and parsley, about 25g each
-1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 tbsp for blending
1. Heat a pot over medium heat and add about an inch of water.
2. Chop leeks and celery and place them in the pan. Cook until fragrant and translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and olive oil. Cook for another 2 minutes and add the broccoli. Add more water if needed.
3. Cover with stock, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and add the peas. While the peas cook, remove mint leaves from the stem and roughly chop.
4. Transfer to a food processor and process with extra virgin olive oil, mint and parsley. Serve immediately.