The Summer Harvest Bowl
We served our Summer Harvest Bowl at ARTAH's recent breakfast press event, and needless to say, it was a big success all around.
So much so, that we wanted to share the recipe so that you can recreate this for yourself at home. Made with ingredients like fermented vegetables, avocado, soft-boiled egg and ARTAH's famous lemon cleanse dressing, this savoury breakfast (or lunch) will for sure hit the spot.
Ingredients for the bowl:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp raw sunflower seeds
- A few handfuls of spinach
- 1 egg per person
- 1 avocado
- Assorted pickles or fermented vegetables, optional
- 1 packet mushrooms
- Mixed fresh herbs of choice; we used parsley and coriander
- 1 tsp runny tahini per person to top
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper
Ingredients for the Lemon Cleanse Dressing:
- Juice of 1 lemon + a little zest
- 1 tbsp tamari, or coconut aminos to keep it soy-free
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Assemble all of the ingredients for the bowl together over two plates.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a clean jam jar with the lid firmly attached and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle over plenty of dressing and tahini over both bowls.