Chilli Prawns with Baked Coconut Rice
This easy shrimp recipe is one of our favourite meals as of late. Creamy, coconutty, healthy and packed full of flavour, it's the perfect low-lift, high-impact weeknight dish, and can be easily scaled up for your next dinner party. We like it extra spicy but you can always amend the amount of chilli to your taste.
INGREDIENTS, SERVES 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 200g prepared packet brown rice
- 1 (x 240g) tinned coconut cream
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 large packet (roughly 180g) raw king prawns in shells
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lime
- Small handful coriander, roughly chopped reserving some to serve
- 2 wedges of lime, to serve
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a clean jam jar with the lid firm attached and shake to combine.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°. Place the rice in a suitable baking dish and pour over the coconut cream and fold in the desiccated coconut and 1/2 tsp of salt. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until crispy.
- In a large frying pan or wok add the oil. Once hot add the garlic, chilli and prawns and fry for 2-3 minutes until all the prawns have turned pink and are cooked through.
- Remove the prawns from the heat to stop them over cooking and toss in the chilli flakes, lime juice, zest, coriander and 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately alongside the rice, dressing, wedges of lime and remaining coriander.