Our Favourite Keto Buns
These keto buns are a firm favourite in our kitchen and a must-have for anyone looking for a detox-friendly sandwich.
They're grain-free, egg-free and super easy to make. Because they're made with almond, flax, and psyllium, each bun has just over 10 grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein. In other words, you won't need seconds.
Psyllium husk can be intimidating for some, but it's easy to find and even easier to work with. You can use the leftovers in smoothies, or save it for when you need your next bun fix. They freeze well, so we often double the recipe for some easy meal prep.
- 150g almond flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 4 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 320mls hot water
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the apple cider vinegar and oil, and stir to combine. Pour in the hot water.
3. Mix thoroughly and then shape the dough into 6 buns with wet hands. Transfer them to your prepared baking tray.
4. Bake for 40 minutes and allow to cool completely.
Recipe from: The Metabolic Reset
This article is for educational purposes only and the implementation of the theories and practices discussed is at the sole discretion of the individual. All advice given is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns about your health, you should speak with your physician.