Retreats: Health + Safety
The COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic (“COVID-19”) continues to create uncertainties associated with international travel.
You acknowledge and understand that there are additional risks associated that will arise out of booking/attending a retreat during any period where the COVID-19 pandemic continues. You hereby release Artah Nutrition Limited (Artah Nutrition) and its employees, officers, members, affiliates, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims arising out any personal or bodily injury, illness (including COVID-19), death, loss or damage of property, or economic loss the contractor may suffer which results from performance of the Services, travel to and from the location of any of the Services performed, or any events incidental to the Services, including but not limited to claims arising out of the negligent acts or omissions of any or all of the Released Parties.
How we are keeping you safe
- All of our staff will be tested prior to guest arrival and on the day of guest arrival.
- All of our staff are trained to the highest standards to keep themselves and guests safe.
- The rooms will be deep cleaned and aired before guests can check in.
- All surfaces, door handles, touchpoints and furniture will be regularly cleaned.
- Special measures will be put in place to keep the pool clean & safe.
- As always, we try to be discrete with our cleaning procedures, a lot of our practices take place when there are less guests in the building during, yoga or whilst you’re all sitting at the dinner table.
- The Individual(s) will be asked quarantine in their guest room.
- We will immediately engage with public health officials to review the risk and update our guests on next steps that need to be taken.
- All guests will immediately be offered a rapid antigen test.
- Per NHS guidelines – if you are fully vaccinated and have been exposed to Covid-19 no quarantine is required.
- Activities will be able to continue with guests who have tested negative with minor modifications made for the rest of the retreat. I.e. (social distancing measures, face/mask coverings introduced, no hands on modifications in fitness classes).
Covid-19 testing & vaccination requirements.
Vaccinated and unvaccinated guests are welcome to join us on our retreats. Closer to the retreat we will ask for your vaccination status and proof of vaccination if applicable.
As of 11 October 2021: the Spanish Government requires the following steps taken for all arrivals from the United Kingdom.
You must present one of the following:
- Documentation certifying that you have undertaken a COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT – e.g. PCR, TMA, LAMP or NEAR) within 72 hours prior to arrival in Spain and tested negative. Antigen tests can only be used in certain limited circumstances (as outlined in section ‘k’ of the ‘Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries’ on the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page) and are not accepted if you are travelling from the UK to Spain for tourism purposes (see Reason for travel to Spain below for further information).
- Proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival in Spain (date(s) of vaccination must be specified), with a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation.
Spain will accept the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination record. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
Certificates of recovery – a medical document certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months prior to travel – is not currently accepted for arrivals from the UK. See the Spanish Ministry of Health ‘Travel and COVID-19’ page for details.
Please note: At the time of travel you are responsible for following the entry terms set out by the Spanish government per the country you are arriving from.
In addition to policies set out by the Spanish Government Artah will require the following:
For vaccinated guests
- Notify Artah of your vaccination status.
- A pre-departure rapid antigen test (x 1 day prior to departure) with the result sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference in the subject line.
- A rapid antigen on test Day 1 of your stay
For unvaccinated guests
- Notify Artah of your vaccination status
- A pre-departure PCR test (x 48hours prior to departure) with the result sent to email@example.com quoting your booking reference or a certificate of recovery.
- A rapid antigen test on Day 1 of your stay.
All costs for testing materials will be covered by the Guest.
We will offer a health pack available for purchase (£50.00)
The health pack will contain:
- x 1 Artah branded mask
- x 2 Rapid Antigen Test Kits
- Hand sanitiser
- Anti bacterial wipes
Should the country you are returning to require additional pre departure testing, please let us know in advance of your travel and we will be happy to arrange this for you and add the costs associated to your final bill.
Covid Cancellation/Booking Policies
If a trip is cancelled by Artah at any time up to the day of arrival you will be offered the option to:
- Move to a new date.
- Convert your booking into a voucher – which can be put towards any future stay of your choice.
- Get a full refund.
If the trip is going ahead but you need to cancel 14 days or less before the arrival due to Covid-19, we agree to convert your deposit/amount paid towards a retreat in the future on the basis that:
- You are prevented from travelling due to your government banning non-essential travel to the destination.
- You are prevented from travelling due to a national or local lockdown.
What our Covid flexible booking terms do not include.
Our normal cancelation terms will apply if you need to cancel your trip for the following reasons:
- You or a family member is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to self-isolate, which prevents you from travelling.
- A close relative is diagnosed with Covid and you are required to care for them.
- You are denied boarding to your flight due to failing Covid checks.
- You are unable to join your trip due to not fully complying with the testing or vaccination requirements to enter the destination country.
Please note: This information was drafted on 11 October 2021. We will continue to monitor this situation closely following legitimate sources including but not limited to:
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)